COVID 19 Information
In order to attend in-person, will I need to be vaccinated?
- Yes, you will need to show proof of full vaccination, when you check in for the summit. For quickest entry, download the Excelsior Pass app, Apple or Google Play, we will scan at check-in.
Will there be a mask mandate?
- Yes, based on current transmission rates, masks will be required while participating in summit events, with the exception of eating/drinking.
How do you plan to monitor in-person attendees for symptoms of COVID-19?
- Attendees will be required to do a health screening each morning during the summit.
How will I be notified if the summit switches to entirely virtual?
- In the event that we need to change to an entirely virtual formal, we will send an email informing about the change, with additional details.
When and where will the summit be held?
- May 18-20, 2022, virtually and in-person at the Eastman School of Music, 26 Gibbs St. Rochester NY, 14604
Who can attend?
- The summit is free and open to the public. Content has been developed with several audiences in mind including:
- Health care and substance use disorder (SUD)/opioid use disorder (OUD) treatment providers, social services professionals, hospital leadership, Rural Health Clinics and Federally Qualified Health Centers administrators
- Community-based and other organizations engaged in reducing the impact of SUD/OUD
- Community advocates/champions of SUD/OUD treatment and recovery
- Individuals who have lived experience with SUD/OUD and family and friends of people with SUD/OUD
- Individuals interested in learning more about the impact of health inequity and stigma on rural communities
How much does registration cost?
- The summit is free for both in-person and virtual registrants.
What is a virtual event?
- A virtual event brings together a group of people who share common interests, knowledge, or goals through an interactive online platform. Like with a physical event, it provides opportunities to interact and engage with other participants.
What are the hours of the event?
- Wednesday, May 18, 10 a.m. -8 p.m.
- Thursday, May 19, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, May 20, 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
How can I register?
Can I bring my own food/water into the Eastman School of Music?
- Yes, but all beverages and food will need to be contained and consumed in common areas not within the breakout space/theatre.
Will meals be provided?
- The following meals will be provided:
- Wednesday, May 18: lunch and dinner
- Thursday, May 19: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Friday, May 20: breakfast
What is the dress code?
- Based on the tone of the event, participants may wish to dress in business casual or business attire. Your personal preference on attire is encouraged.
Where can I park for the event?
Parking is available in the East End Garage or at several other lots in the immediate vicinity. Parking rates apply.
Is there a block of hotel rooms for this event?
- Yes, the hotel we will have rooms available at are:
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel Downtown Rochester, NY 155 East Main Street, Rochester, NY 14604. The booking code is: NRSUD
What is the closest airport?
Will there be a map of Eastman School of Music that shows where to go for events?
- Yes, we will be providing a map after publishing the summit schedule closer to the event date.
How can I earn continuing education credits?
- When you register, please indicate in the form if you are interested in earning continuing education credits.
Will I have to pay for continuing education credits?
- No, the summit will cover the cost of credits. We will ask you to fill out a form during the event indicating which sessions you participated in.
Will every session be held virtually, or are there events that will only be in person?
- All sessions will be offered both virtually and in-person.
Will there be a paper schedule on-site for the event?
- For in-person attendees, a folder with detailed information including the schedule will be provided at check-in.
If I attend virtually, will I be able to collect information and brochures from the event?
- Yes, brochures and other information will be available through the virtual platform. Exhibitors may offer brochures at their booths that can be added to your online collection. You can email them to yourself or share items with others by entering their email.
What platform will host virtual attendance, and how can I access it?
- The virtual event will be held through the vFairs platform. As we get closer to the summit, attendees will be able to log in through the event homepage. On the platform you can manage your schedule, join any sessions, download resources, engage with other participants, and more.
How can I network with fellow attendees virtually?
- Both in-person and virtual attendees will be able to connect and chat with fellow attendees through the platform.
How can I ask questions at the event if I attend virtually?
- If you have a general or technical question, you can visit the Information Desk located in the virtual lobby.
- At exhibitor booths, attendees can communicate in several ways:
- 1:1 chat (text, audio, video)
- Book a meeting for a one-to-one chat
- Group chat
- During livestream presentations on the main stage
- Live Q&A during or after presentations and other sessions via live chat
Will my registration data be used for any marketing or advertisements?
- vFairs is SOC2 compliant, which means your data is secure. vFairs does not use your registration details for any marketing or advertisement purposes.
Can I switch from in-person to virtual at a later date?
Can I cancel my registration?
Whom do I contact for questions about the summit?
Will I need to download software to attend the virtual event?
- No, internet access is needed, but you will not need to download or install any software to participate.
Is there a way to test my browser compatibility for a better user experience?
My audio/video is not working in a call on the virtual platform. What could be wrong?
- In your browser’s settings, check the sound and camera options. Make sure the correct microphone and camera on your system are selected. Sometimes, these settings use default devices that aren’t compatible.
Whom do I contact for technical questions?